White bean & Cranberry salad with passion fruit vinaigrette
Gluten-free, nut-free, grain free salad.
- 1/2 head lettuce thinly sliced.
- 1 cup white bean cooked and drained.
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 small green bell pepper diced in small pieces.
- 1 small red bell pepper diced in small pieces.
- 1/8 cup Onion sliced thin.
- 1/4 cup cranberries dried, unsweetened.
for the passion fruit dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil salad grade
- 4-5 small passion fruit
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp mint leaves ( chopped)
- 1 tsp coriander leaves ( chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- crushed black pepper to perference
- salt to taste
In the salad bowl.
Place the sliced onions in a bowl of cold water till use to reduce the sting. Drain and place in the mixing bowl.
Wash clean and pat dry the lettuce, shred them and place in the mixing bowl.
Cut the peppers into small dice and the cherry tomato into halves.
Drain and add the cooked white beans to the mixing bowl
Toss the salad well and set aside.
Cut and scoop out the pulp of the passion fruit into a small mixing bowl.
Add in the olive oil, salt, crushed pepper and the lemon juice and give it a good whisk.
Add in the chopped herbs and give a further mix to combine them all.
You could vary the types of salad leaves based on your preference.
You could do the same recipe with strawberries too replacing the cranberries.
Serving: 200gCalories: 152kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 2gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 34mgPotassium: 455mgFiber: 4gSugar: 14g