Kele ki Kachalu Chaat
banana chaat, street food
- 1 medium Banana ripe
- 1-2 pieces colocasia (arbi, taro root) boiled and peeled, optional, if you dont have use boiled potatoes
- 1/4 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 2-3 pinches roasted cumin powder
- 2-3 pinches black salt or pink rock salt
- 1 pinch Kashmiri chilli powder ( optional)
- 1 tsp mint leaves Chopped
- 2 tbsp sev
Peel and slice the banana and boiled colocasia ( optional) into 1 cm roundlets.
Add this to a mixing bowl with lemon juice, chaat masala, mint leaves and blacksalt.
Divide the banana mixture onto two plates
Sprinkle the chilli powder and the roasted cumin powder.
Top it with a tbsp of sev each and serve immediately.
If adding dates or peanuts add it to the banana mixture and toss well so they get coated with the chaat masala too.
This portion that I have shown in the image is good for 4-6 people.