Tung Qua Chinese Style Wintermelon Soup
- 100 gms wintermelon chopped
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp gogi berries to garnish
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tsp pepper ground
- 1 tbsp soy sauce to serve on side
Wash the winter melon and remove the skin. Core the melon and remove the seeds . Chop into large cubes and into a soup pot pour in the stock, the water and add in the winter melon cubes.
Cover and boil till cooked. The winter melon appears glassy it is cooked.
Strain out the melon, don't discard the stock.
Pulse it coarsely ( optional) and add it back to the stock.
Warm the soup , add in the pepper powder
Serve hot with soy sauce on the side and sesame seeds or other nuts to cut through the smoothness of the soup.
1) you could add in a few mushrooms to bring out the earthiness in the soup
2) My kids like it with a tinge of coconut cream.
Calories: 31kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 1gFat: 0.2gSaturated Fat: 0.02gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.05gSodium: 560mgPotassium: 48mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3g