Takeaway greek salad
grain-free, gluten-free, nut-free salad.
Main salad ingredients
- 2 cups lettuce chopped romaine
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 large cucumber seedless one are better.
- 1 medium red onion diced small
- 1/4 cup olives I used green
- 1 tbsp beetroot pickled
- 1/2 cup feta cheese diced or crumbled
- 1 tsp coriander leaves optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic grated, avoid if you dont like it.
- 1.5 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano use 1/4 tsp fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
Add all the ingredients to make the vinaigrette into a mixing bowl and whisk it well.
Save this in a sealable airtight container in the refrigerator till use.
Into the same mixing bowl add the diced onions, a tsp of the vinaigrette and let it soak up and turn mellow for about 10 minutes.
Dice the tomatoes. olives, cucumbers, lettuce and add to the mixing bowl and toss the salad well with the marinating onions.
Add a few pieces of the pickled beets and coriander leaves.
When ready to serve, toss in the vinaigrette and toss again.
Your salad is ready to serve