Hanoi is a popular stop over destination for many travelers hopping around the South East Asian countries. With visa on arrival facility( apply online for a VOA letter) and transit visa facility it is an easy break to hours of journey. It s a city with historical significance over a thousand years. The city has seen multiple invasions , survived the war and still is bustling with energy.
Here is our list for a must do if you have just one day in Hanoi.
Hanoi in a day
Rather than catching a tour bus and getting lugged around with a bunch of people ….we would recommend you to try a bit of town by yourself
1) Head to the old quarter and walk around the quaint small roads.
2) With the help of a map and trace your way to the lake Hoen Kiem
3) Locate the Turtle tower in the lake and enjoy the cool breeze around the lake
4) Catch yourself posing for a picture on the red bridge of the Ngoc Son temple.
5) Secure a ticket for a show at the Water puppet theater ..based on your time available and watch the show (some slots get booked early hence advisable to get the ticket ahead of time and show up)
6) Pick a Vietnamese style cafe walking around the blocks and gently dip the Vietnamese style coffee as the city goes by busily on its two wheelers.
7) Now adventure time.. Cross a street holding your hand up high, be watchful.. Feel the adrenaline rush (attempt at small roads only please.. Don’t try out the junctions)
8) Navigate your way to the near by St. Joseph’s Cathedral to enjoy the calm amidst the busy moving population and school children in the town.
9) Pick up some lunch time rolls with rice paper, “bhani mi” or a Pho ” (submarine sandwich or a noodle soup, Vietnamese style) .
10)Ride around with a tricycle for their old world charm.
This is a stimulating agenda for a day in Hanoi which has been tried and tested. Hope you enjoy your day in Hanoi too.
Meanwhile if you wish to hop over to, Siem Reap dont miss to check out a tried and tested schedule.
You could also immerse yourself in the post related to the surrounding south east asian countries