Cranberry tea or flavored tea is very popular. Walk down the aisle and you will see plenty of flavored cranberry drink very many propagated as a super food. Cranberry can be considered a super food based on the number of health benefits.
- the proanthocyanids in the cranberry prevent adherence of bacteria to the walls of the gut and urinary bladder there by removing some chances of UTI.
- the same effect helps in cleaner teeth, there by better oral hygiene.
- it is rich in fiber and hence aids digestion
- the polyphenols are a immunity booster
- while it reduces the development of atherosclerosis.This is due to the content of flavinoid. Thereby, becomes heart healthy
With all these great benefits I am sure you are looking forward to the tea on the aisle.
Back to the aisle, have you take a look at the amount of other ingredients in the same cranberry tea you buy off the shelf. It always set me wondering, a couple of bottles a handful of cranberries and a few teabags could actually do me better than pay for this colored water off the shelf.
The unpleasant truth
While sugar is generally added to mask the tartness of the cranberry. The dyes are added to enhance the color. You may find allure red or erythrosine as dyes. These chemicals are called out for some health risks and behavioral disorders . So, the health benefits have already been taken over by the sugar and the added colors.
There fore upon getting a pack of freeze dried cranberries, this is exactly what I do. Gobble up a few per day or make tea. Consequently the tea is definitely cheaper and evidently more effective and best of all; no sugar and fizz.
Therefore, this ruby colored tea, without any caffeine can keep you hydrated through the day. The mild sweetness from the cinnamon is refreshing. However, this is not a cure for urinary tract infection as it is popularly known.
Check out this tea recipe below or more beneficial spiced tea recipes here: