This elusive sun is really playing tricks on me… I can see the sun, see the bright light but the warmth is missing. Very confusing for my brain. Added to that guess I have begun with a citrus craving(quite apt for the weather). That promotes a lot of limes and lemons..and it was getting a bit boring. So from an old cocktail series book, I dug up the recipe for Caipirinha and proceeded to make a fruity version of Passion fruit Capifruta.
With its interesting twists, Brazil has its charm with food and drinks. Caipirinha is Brazil’s national cocktail. Served on the rocks with a base of a distilled alcohol from fermented sugarcane juice, kind of a vodka. The beverage often served with a good amount of limes.
As I have no more intentions for a lemon based drink I need something different in the current recipe I have gone in for a non-alcoholic version with ginger ale. Aided with a great bag of passion fruit my husband bought this week the drink is just perfect.
Ever since my parents had a vine and introduced Passion fruit juice I have been hooked on to the tartness. Once I began to know they are really low in sugars and high in fibres they are picked up whenever we see them. Here are some of the reasons you should think of the passion fruit more often.
- the fruit is low in sugars, a good and handy option
- high levels of fibres in a passion fruit helps to aid in better gut health.
- the vitamin C, carotene levels help with the immune system and provide antioxidants to the body.
- the mineral levels of calcium, iron and magnesium are significant to contribute to bone health when consumed in appropriate amounts.
- passion fruit has been proven to soothe respiratory disturbance and ease in a sleep.
- now, my favourite part, it comes as little packages easy to carry and portion size.
Now what it will do to my confusion with the sun is to be seen. But it definitely it gave me time to reassess my time schedules and keep myself more active for the colder upcoming days.
Meanwhile, I hope you have noticed that you can actually search for the highlighted ingredients can actually give you a list of recipes based on the choice on the blog. Don’t miss that, I find that very useful when I do meal prep for the week.
Here are a few fruit recipes to try
On second thoughts,” drinking responsibly” is an understatement. It is a carefully cultivated, family inspired habit that we all are needed to teach our young ones.
- talk to them, excessive drinking doesn’t make problems go away, just adds to it.
- social drinking is an accepted norm, you don’t drink till the brim to see what is your limit coz then you are not socially acceptable anymore.
- You can always opt to be the driving partner and be the cool one, so learn to drive first..and get your licence
This is the thought that is currently running in my mind… what are your thoughts on this?
Passion fruit caipifruta
- 1 lemon sliced
- 3-4 passion fruit pulp scooped
- 500 ml ginger ale
- stevia if desired sweetness
- ice cubes to serve
Crush half of the lemon, and mix with the passion fruit pulp.
Gently muddle the two together and add in a chilled ginger ale.
top with some ice to add up and taste test
Stir in a bit of stevia if you prefer it sweeter.
If the seeds of the passion fruit are a bit too much for you, you can remove them by straining the juice. The ginger ale is generally sweet so add more sweetness only if you desire. If using Caipirinha, you will need apporx 4 oz vodka for 2 people.
Serving: 250gSodium: 19mgSugar: 25gFiber: 0.1gPotassium: 70mgCalories: 99kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 0.004gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.02gSaturated Fat: 0.003gFat: 0.03gProtein: 0.2gCarbohydrates: 28g