An oatmeal bowl is a simple breakfast which I share with my daughter who likes to wake up early with me. Thanks to the dislike from the others… don’t have to share it with anyone.
A simple rolled oat grain cooked in milk and topped with all things beautiful. It’s an delicate lovely think which sparks up the creativity in the little one.. Who loves to decorate the bowl. A cup of coffee for me, glass of juice for her… And wow!! It’s a big breakfast, a queen style one.
It’s far better than the flavoured instant ones.. Which may be pure convinience…I like to take this time as I stir this pot of oat meal and sing with her and we wait for it to cool a bit. Cant get a better Sunday treat.. Easy and slow nd no compromise on health.
And hey, don’t spoil it by adding all that sugar.. Just add in fruits for the sweetness and some honey.
Sharing our easy one today styled by the little hands and ready to dig in…
Happy creative time…
Leave your favourite combinations to the oatmeal bowl in the comments for us to try too.
Here are more oatmeal recipe for you to try
Wish you a happy week!!
Wholesome breakfast bowls.
For the oatmeal
- 1 cup oats (rolled)
- 2 cups low fat/ full cream milk
- 2 cup drinking water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup fruits diced or seed removed
- 1/4 tsp chia seeds or flax or basil seeds
- 1/4 cup nuts / dry fruits of choice
- 1/4 cup bran flakes ( optional)
- On medium heat, boil milk with two cups of water.
- Stir in the cup of rolled oats.
- Cook about 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Turn it off and let it cool for a while. Ladle up into the bowls
- Decorate with favourite fruits, seeds and nuts. Enjoy your breakfast
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!