I am sure by now… By every alternate hour of advertisements our children also subconsciously register… We all know this is heart healthy because it has fibre. Let’s look for some more…
- Oats was predominantly cultivated as fodder. For livestock.
- It is low in calories
- Oats is gluten free if processed in factories that do not process wheat. Watch out for avenin sensitivity though.
- This grain boost the growth of beneficial bifidobacteria in the intestines.
- It doesn’t leave much room for craving as it swells up.. Yes, because of the fibers in it
- The balance between fiber and complex carbs helps slow release of sugar and hence useful for diabetics
- It contributes to beauty by supplementing the daily requirement of biotin for great looking nails and beautiful hair.
- The beta glucan helps reduction of cholesterol
How do I use oats in Indian cuisine?
- A simple sweet or savory porridge
- Pongal… The choice is endless. Swap some rice to oats and see ..you will surely be amazed by the loving response at home. Try out the recipe below for a quick start.