Paneer Cheese sandwich
I wanted to make Paneer cheese sandwich, and I have been experimenting making paneer at home for some time now. For those unfamiliar with this cheese, Paneer is prepared by adding acidic food, such as lemon juice, vinegar to hot milk to separate the curds from the whey. The resulting curds are drained in muslin or cheesecloth and the whey is pressed out. The resulting paneer is dipped in chilled water for 2–3 hours to improve its texture and appearance.
Paneer cheese sandwich is an easy source of proteins from the milk solids. Addition of cheese to wholemeal bread makes it a fulfilling snack. This open sandwich is therefore an easy sandwich or toast option…..quick and filling….healthy too.
This is perfect for the lunch box with a side of colorful salad or as an after school snack. So try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Paneer / cottage cheese open sandwiches
- 0.5 cup paneer / cottage cheese crumbled
- 1 tsp coriander leaves cleaned and chopped
- 0.5 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder mild variety.
- salt to taste
- 12 Slices Whole meal bread
- butter As necessary
- In a mixing bowl , add the paneer with coriander, chilli powder and salt. Mix and muddle them together. This is the filling .
- Press this down on to one side of the bread slice.Press it down tight so that it doesn't fall off.
- Heat a flat pan / tawa and smear a bit of butter on it.
- Put the fillings down of the bread and roast on a very low heat. Give it a minute on the low heat.
- Flip over and roast the other side too... . be careful. it can be a bit sticky if under done.
- Toast the other side of bread to your liking.
- Remove and serve with a dip of choice.