Pomelo is a fruit which looks like a large over grown grape fruit. It’s pink to yellow sacs have a sweet and sour taste with a hint of bitterness. this is the edible part. It is a tough job to peel through the thick skin which is majorly inedible… but worth every minute. Scientifically known Citrus maximus.
In Malaysia this fruit I find is common but the sweetest ones we have eaten are the Davao Pomelo. Enjoy this beautiful fruit which is also called as the “Grandpa of Grapefruits”.
- Pomelo is rich in Vitamin C as all other citrus fruits. One whole fruit apparently contains 600% vitamin C for a days requirement.It may not be a great idea to eat the whole fruit.
- It helps in the absorption of iron needed for your body.. hence pair it with iron rich foods.
- it is also rich in potassium.
- an advisable fruit for diabetics, by reducing the secretion of insulin and also by reducing appetite
- The fruit is also highly advisable for weight loss also for the same reason.
Check out the recipes