It is 2019, the big grand year is here. Before we knew it, the 365 days of 2018 vanished like a blink of an eye. Many a change witnessed, many happy moments and many many new learnings. Ring in the new year and in comes the list of resolutions.
So here are some on my list
- I will like to get back up on that bicycle.
- Totally uphold my 100 per cent withdrawal from refined sugar and bring up the cut down of total sugar to 70per cent (I still like a bit here and there, so keeping it real.)
- Explore at least 5 lesser known spots on the map (totally up to my hubby financier)
- To keep the laundry and dishes to manageable levels… and so on and so forth.
How does chia work
The edible seeds of Salvina hispanica, have been used form ancient cultures of Mayan and Aztec. These tiny black and white seeds are nutritionally sound. The seeds carry fibre, protein, calcium, alpha linoleic acid and omega 3’s which make them unique. the high fibre content of soaked chia has been promoted as a weight loss aid. Chia is considered a complete protein and hence this makes it providing a better fullness when added to meals. the alpha linoleic acid is highly beneficial to diabetics. keeping up the hydration the only drawback of chia is that it needs to be consumed soaked. Consuming dry chia seeds can cause choking.
This Recipe Swap
Pumpkin chia popsicles
for soaking prior
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup drinking water Swap for coconut water if you want to heighten the coconut flavour
for the pumpkin
- Water for steaming
- 1/4 cup pumpkin diced 1 cm cubes
for the popsicle
- 1 cup coconut milk ( I used light)
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- 1-2 tbsp agave nectar
- Soak the chia in water or coconut water for a minimum of two hours, allowing to it swell and become a jelly.
- Steam the diced pumpkin after sprinkling a pinch of salt, till it is soft but holds the shape.
- Set aside to cool.
- When the chia and pumpkin are ready, use a frother to mix the pumpkin spice mix and agave in the coconut milk.
- Now add the soaked chia and mix gently.
- Into the popsicle mould pour the chia coconut milk mix and alternated the layers with steamed pumpkin.
- Cover the popsicle mould andfreeze for a minimum of two hours till set.
- Gently dip the popsicle moulds in warm water and unmould the popsicles.
- Enjoy on a hot summer afternoon.