Recently I received a note from an old friend. The note read -to post him a birthday card to his address. Pretty funny yet thoughtful isnt it. Even friendships need to be picked up from where they are left…Picking up that thread we chatted a while. Those are the friendships I cherish. The ones where I can just pick up from without feeling the years of silence that may have passed…as the unseen priorities take over your adult life. So this post goes out to the brilliant fellow, who bullied me into decent spoken Hindi, who watched over us as we prepared for our exams and cooling all the stress down by saying.. “Chal kuch nahi hoga. “
Happy Birthday dear Deepak… I hope this “post” fits your agenda of the card. Mind you you already made my kids, some of my other friends and husband jealous… Coz you do get your birthday post.
I did a set of cupcakes, with the perfect combination-milk and chocolate. What more the lazy self couldn’t be bothered about the stand mixer, so it’s again all in the blender.
The cupcakes that came out of the oven.. Have to say we’re the springiest I have ever baked.
Watch this little video clip of “Proof”
Watching the oven, as the bake rose and rose and then popped open made me wonder if I should just call them “milk and chocolate poptops.”
The taste testers were happy and satisfied. So am sure you will be too. The prep to the bake took less than half hour. Do don’t think – just bake. Just indulge and keep some basics right.
So here we go” To Birthdays and Friendships”
Adding in some more easy bake treats from the archives here for a quick reference..
Stay on for tomorrow as we are up to a deepawali special… see you tomorrow.
Chocolate and milk cupcake
blender and bake
- 1 cup low fat/ full cream milk
- 1/2 cup cooking oil any type you are fond of, avoid mustard, sesame and other strong nutty flavoured oils
- 2 small egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unrefined sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup very hot water
- Preheat the oven at 180, for 10 minutes
- Arrange a tray with cup cake holders or line the muffin tray with liners and set aside
- Set the kettle with drinking water for boiling, so it is ready as you go along
- Keep all the measured quantities of ingredients ready
- Add all the wet ingredients into the blender.
- Blend on a low speed till the sugar is well incorporated
- Add in the cocoa powder and instant coffee and Pulse a couple of times
- Add in the rest of the dry ingredients and give short pulses. the mixture will not be well incorporated because the wet ingredients are not enough. so push down a bit and pulse at very short intervals.
- Now measure out 2/3 cup of water and pour it in. Pulse till smooth. Do not run for a very long time
- Use the ice cream scoop to add the batter into the cupcake moulds.
- The batter appears a bit runny..but that is the right consistency
- Top it with almond flakes or nuts of choice
- Place in the preheated oven for 12 minutes ( plus or minus 2 minutes depending on the oven)
- Watch the cupcakes as they rise... do not open the oven door.
- Check if done by using a toothpick which comes out clean.
- Cook on a wire rack for around 10 minutes and watch them vanish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
The cup cakes look perfect Seema..loved the easy blender recipe too ????
Another bake for me to try. I love trying new recipes especially chocolate ones. Will try for sure.?
Thanks Avin. let me know how it come out.
I love such blender recipes on those lazy days…the cupcakes looks amazing..
Yes. Such a relief
This recipe surely is a handy one for kids party. Lovely texture of the cakes.
Love the idea of using a blender to make cakes! Not much muscle workout and still the outcome is delicious!
That’s the best part… and that’s why i loved it
What a lucky friend to get a post and these yummy cupcakes!
Hahaha, so true.
Lovely cupcakes , all evenly baked and I love the step by step guide, very helpful.
Thanks Meghna. glad you love them
Loved the blender idea Seema. the cupcakes look just perfect.
thanks. let me know when you try.
A good read about how important it is to keep remembering friends even whom we have lost contact with but can always pick up from where we started. Thankfully with social media, I am in touch with all my school friends and we do have our annual meets etc. These are the guys who have seen you at your good and bad times and also have seen you grow into the person you are right now. Food and friendship always go well together and lucky is your friend to have tasted those spongy delicious looking cake. The blender idea is… Read more »
Yes friends are just extended family and understand you better than family…
I loved the blender coz it makes life so easy.
Interesting cupcakes, this is a no messy work.. love this instant recipe..
Very gorgeous cupcake, this is something extremely irresistible.. Feel like munching some.
Totally my kind of recipe! I love it when all ingredients go into one pan or a blender/food processor and the result looks as delicious and awesome as these cup cakes. ?
looks like we are the same kind then… let me know when you try.
From your kitchen to mine. I had to use different moulds also as I have only one cup cake tray. Thank you for this wonderful recipe.
Thankyou for this Super validation. So happy to hear you all liked it.
Cupcakes looks superb and moist. Loved the recipe… Thanks for sharing
I’ve seen nowadays people have started using a blender for the cake recipes, must be so easy and quick. The cake looks so soft and moist.
Why not… When it makes life easy.
They are looking so perfect and great in shape.
Wow, love these easy blender recipe……….These choco cup cakes look perfect and delicious dear
Chocolate milk blender cupcakes around super inviting and very delicious.