Christmas is a borrowed festival which I love to celebrate. First of all.. There’s is a special place for the Christmas cake and then there is Santa. Aren’t they good reasons to have some good spirits.
Christmas plum cake
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar darker the better.
- 1 cup nuts / dry fruits raisins, chopped dates, tooti- frooti, candied orange peel, sweetened cherries
- 2/3 cup apple juice unsweetened
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 4 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch nutmeg grated
- 1/2 cup butter use coconut oil for vegan choice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Soak the fruits in 2/3cup apple juice the previous night and leave it in the refrigerator.
- Melt the butter and set aside
- Crush the whole spices and keep ready.
- Pre-heat oven to 170C. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Then, add the melted butter, vanilla ,citrus zest and sugar and whisk well
- Add in the crushed spices and gently mix.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda and salt.
- Add the sifted dry mix a little at a time.
- Gently fold until the batter has no flour streaks left in in it.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Check for fineness with a toothpick. If it comes out clean it's baked fine.
- Remove the pan and leave it to come to room temperature.
- Remove the loaf and Cool completely.
- Dust with a thin layer of icing sugar if desired or drizzle in a bit of white chocolate ganache.
- Enjoy the Christmas season.