Among the roasted veggies, one of my personal favourites is Brussels sprouts. Hence tend to add a bit more of the sprouts to this maple roasted Brussels sprouts recipe when other veggies are added.
Brussels sprouts-what are they?
The sprouts unfortunately carry a bad rep for being bitter and unpleasant. Predominantly, this comes from over boiling them, which releases the sulphurous compounds and the unpleasant taste.
How to prep some Brussels sprouts?
How do these roasted Brussels sprout taste?
Ingredients for this maple roasted Brussels sprout.
Maple roasted Brussels sprout
- 1 mixing bowl.
- 1 Baking tray
- 1 measuring cups and spoons
- 250 g Brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 180 for 10 minutes
- Cut off the knobby ends of the Brussels sprouts and remove any discoloured leaves.
- Wash pat dry and slice them in half.
- Add the sliced sprouts into a mixing bowl and add oil and salt and gently rub till the sporuts are evenly coated.
- Arrange this on the baking tray.
- Mix together the maple syrup, lemon juice and paprika.
- Remove the half roasted Brussels sprouts from the oven.
- Brush the maple mix on the sprouts and place them back to bake.
- Bake till the centre becomes a bit soft at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray and scoop into a serving dish.
- Enjoy the sprouts warm.
What more to add to these maple roasted Brussels sprout?
Nuts – walnuts or pecans chopped or broken bits of nuts after roasting the Brussels sprouts add so much crunch and nutrition. The subtle sweetness of maple works with the nuts really well.
Sweet potato – The soft roasted sweet potato is by far the best add on roots vegetable to this roast. I love the colours of the two together as it just screams autumn for me.
Furthermore, you can add carrots, parsnips, cauliflower too to make this a huge bowl of roast. If you pass the bowl to me, I will still pick out all the brussels sprouts before I choose the others.
We hope you will love to share with us your thoughts about our Brussels sprouts recipes and post. Do leave your comments for us to improve and also notes on the ones you love. Take a moment to visit our youtube channel. Leaving you with our Facebook page (click here) and Instagram (click here ) so you can take a peek. Don’t forget to follow us as we update these to the best of our efforts. Subscribe, share, like and evermore come back.
For the monthly ingredient-based challenge of A- Z recipes, here is my addition to the letter B. being a unique ingredient Brussels sprouts seemed the best fit to bring to my audience. Though not so common in India, I am sure my global friends will like to try this recipe.
Stay safe and see you at the next post.