The simplest of the tofu recipe is to create a flavorful scramble. This is an excellent topping to breads, a protein rich wrap or a flavorful toss in to a hand full of cooked rice.
This recipe is from a a good vegan friend whose scramble I couldn’t stop eating at a brunch meet. Since I on the look out for good vegan protein recipes this one was an instant hit. Additionally when I could add in more vegetables it became awesome . The ease of the making recipe in the morning makes repeats happen more often nowadays. guess what stays well for two to three days in the refrigerator too.
Some interesting facts about tofu:
- Tofu is one of the oldest cooking proteins
- Tofu or bean curd making is a process similar to cheese making.
- A good tofu carries most of essential amino acids.
- Tofu gives a good amount of calcium.
- There are 4 types of Tofu silken, soft firm and extra firm.
- For this recipe pressed Tofu or Soft tofu would work. Pressed Tofu will give you a bit drier versions and you may want to add a bit of vegetable stock to cook it down. Where are soft tofu gives you a real smooth creamy feel. So, go by your preference. For the one in the picture I have used soft tofu block. I love the creaminess it imparts.
- Check this link for step by step details on preperation: https://youtu.be/UfgZRpPmv3g
- Check out more easy breakfast recipes on this site and don’t miss to subscibe
- Rice dumplings