The moment you realize holidays are over and you are back to work is indeed a moment when a lot of reflection and laziness precedes your every step. I have a few solutions that I worked on this time, did not think about it ( failed as you can see below) planned my lunch box so I won’t feel so miserable ( working so far) and yes!!! the cookie jar is filled.
But, that sugary cookie makes me very very guilty. So how about a quick chewy healthy cookie. A chewy good cookie to try and drag that moment as much as we can. Now that’s the idea of this simply yummy cookie to chew on and hold on to the good feeling. The best part about this cookie is you can pretty much use up all the mushy banana and mask it with those choco chip. So it is not seen..so not there – Just the greatest cookie in the world.
That quick mix and stir and into the oven made it all so easy. Loved the process and the ease of it too.
Now that this cookie is a success I am sure this will be a new one to go in the snack box for school too. Fits perfectly doesn’t it… it is nut-free, coconut free, if you watch the oat you use to be gluten-free, it is that too…
Afterthoughts for the oat banana cookie
Here are some thoughts we will implement subsequently…
- The honey is the recipe is not needed if you have all those overripe banana (as I have done here
- Oat flour may look a tad bit prettier as a cookie
- Next time we will flip the cookie halfway through and bake the other side well too.. kid if so that all the sides are evenly golden.
- Swap those choco-chip to cranberries or fruit bits… just because we can.
- Ditch the Choco chip, and honey and the cookie is pet-friendly too and we made some for our favourite fur buddy in the neighbourhood today.
Now that’s a good recipe isn’t it… like one size fits all.
- There is however one drawback with this cookie, the cookie doesn’t really stand for a week as the oat just makes it too rubbery, so Zapp and eat type one. this doesn’t bother us as there are none left each time and a great use for that weekly leftover banana.
- What are you waiting for, get that cookie going, I am sure you are happy there is one more to do with the leftover bananas. If you are still hung up on that banana bread, here is the recipe.
Here are more you can do with those ripe bananas
Since I have made this with leftover overripe bananas, I believe this is a perfect recipe to submit for “#81 Leftover Makeover” at healthy wellthy cuisines group of bloggers. In this group, we work together on common themes and watch out this space for some amazing creations from our fellow blogger here soon.
Listed below is our collection to the theme chosen by Namita. her blog is a collection of lovely recipes predominantly classic Indian.
here are the ones that we share for this theme
Spicy Rava cutlets
Hope you enjoy these.
See you soon