There is nothing better than the recipes which can evoke memories of one’s childhood. These recipes have a special place in your world. They transport you for a few moments to be that child and stay in the love and innocence.
This gets even better when you progeny loves it too. Then you can move to this wondrous space more often… and may I say guiltlessly Unnimadhuram/ sweet banana dumplings being filled with banana and deep fried does that for me. Here is the recipe. Set aside your share of unnimadhuram before you serve, it vanishes in no time if you have banana lovers.
I make this so often the kids think that as soul food and do ask for it when they are sad and need a bit of comforting. easy ingredients easier process… why not..
Check out more Kerala recipes amongst these links
Unnimadhuram- Sweet banana dumpling
- 1 number Banana yellow long variety
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 2 tsp sugar brown/ unrefined
- 0.5 cup breadcrumbs you dont need all.
- oil for deep frying
- Mash the banana, desiccated coconut and add sugar. Mix it well to incorporate the sugar.
- Add a few spoons of breadcrumbs and make a soft dough.
- Roll into small balls.
- Coat with breadcrumbs and set aside. (dont keep them for long)
- Set oil for heating upto a moderate temperature.
- Deep fry a few of these balls at a time, till golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with honey drizzle .