Sheera is a smooth pudding made of roasted semolina. Banana sheera is a common Prasad made during Satyanarayana Pooja, Janmashatami, Lakshmi pooja, Diwali or Navrathri. It is an easy to make recipe and befits every occasion. This a rich dessert authentically traditional and the flavor from the banana makes it all the more delectable. The addition of banana makes it sustaining for toddlers, babies and adds some well needed nutrients. The sweetness of the banana also cuts the sugar quantity in it.
I will not recommend this sheera recipe for the diet conscious as the amount of ghee cannot be compromised. Reduced quantities of ghee makes the recipe quite dry. Nevertheless it’s a recipe to indulge on moderation.
Check out the detailed recipe and enjoy. Don’t forget to check more yumminess on the blog befitting any festivals around. Leaving some leads here so Don’t miss to check them out.
Sweet Banana Pudding
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 8 cashew nuts
- 10 raisins
- 1 cup Semolina rava or sooji
- 2 Banana medium sized, yellow
- 5-6 tbsp unrefined sugar or jaggery
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- few strands saffron
- 2.5 cups drinking water
- Set a deep wok to heat gently.
- Into the oil add the cashews, roast till they are golden. Remove and set aside.
- Roast the raisins in the same ghee and set aside.
- Roast the semolina in the remaining ghee and stir fry for 2 or 3 minutes,then roast till fragrant roughly 5-7 minutes on low heat.
- Add the chopped bananas and stir.
- Add in warm water, roasted cashews and raisins. Stir well without any lumps.
- Allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar / jaggery. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the saffron. Sprinkle the cardamom powder. Stir and then let simmer for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Stir the mixture till the ghee leaves the pudding mixture.
- The sheera is now ready
- Serve hot or chilled as per liking.
Banana Sheera is a recipe which freezes well and upon thawing or warming up serves equally good, so don't worry about excess portions.
Serving: 100gCalories: 351kcalCarbohydrates: 59gProtein: 6gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 4mgPotassium: 206mgFiber: 3gSugar: 25g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!