What’s in the lunch box mom?
That’s a common question when your mom is a fairly good cook. I totally remember doing that to my mom every day..and now I hear it too. Everyday!!!
Try answering-“it is a sandwich” and the morning grumpy face goes even worse. So here is to try and tackle that to a smile.
The recipe for curry stuffed buns is an evolution of put the things in the fridge to good use. Now, my mom did not figure it out so she did the hard sloggy way. But I have to be smarter. So here is my trick.
- Any style of semi-dry curry (as we don’t want to end up with soggy bread)
- Hotdog buns or dinner rolls (crustier the better)
- Cheese…ooey gooey melty mix of mozzarella and cheddar
- Seasoning of your liking
- Fresh herbs if you fancy them
What curries do work for stuffing?
- Mixed vegetable Indian style curry without much gravy
- Chole masala (chickpea curry)
- Roasted veggies with Thai curry paste
- Thick dal of any kind
Try these for stuffing
Stuffed curry buns
- 4 buns hotdog buns or baguettes
- 6-8 tbsp curry leftovers are better
- mixed herbs as desired
- 6-8 tbsp cheese melting ones
- Prepare the grill tray ready to go in the oven
- Preheat the oven
- To prepare the buns scoop out the centre with a spoon
- Add about two tbap curry into the scooped out portion
- Top with cheese and herbs and set ready to bake
- Bake in a warm oven till cheese melts
- Serve hot or wrap up for the lunchbox