Strolling the beaches is one of the easiest things you can do in Sydney. Dotted with spectacular beaches, Sydney has a blessed landscape. These walking escapades combined with the aroma from the restaurants by the sea can make your tummy growl embarrassingly enough that you need to grab a good bite to keep it happy. Before the pandemic this was a happy escapade for us too. Now we do go for a nature walk but not, as usual, to grab a bite after that. Naturally, we miss some of our usual favourites. One being the bruschetta pizza.
Simplest of pizza treats.
My husband and I love the freshest of the bruschetta pizza. The toppings the crunchy crust and the basaltic glaze makes this pizza a winner. Can I tell you what the real winner is? It does not have a heavy cheese topping and that makes the difference after the long walk.
Now that we come straight home after the bushwalks, I decided to try this at home. Winner winner for sure!! We loved every bite of it. With spring and summer coming up I a sure I will love this fresh option more than ever. Give it a try as I am sure you will enjoy it too.
For the crust, I have used a sourdough. That recipe for another time. The Balsamic glaze in this recipe is an honest million dollar recipe you don’t want to miss. so good it is on roasted vegetables as well.
Click these links for the recipes
Keep up your exercise, stay safe and we will get through this too.
Catch you soon again.
Easy Bruschetta Pizza
- 1 pizza crust 8- 10 inches, I used a sourdough one.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 cup Tomato chopped
- 1 tsp basil leaves chopped fine
- 1 tbsp avocado chopped
- Sea salt
- crushed black pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp honey ( use sugar for a vegan version)
to make the balsamic glaze
- Into a sauce pan add the balsamic vinegar and honey and set on a medium heat.
- Stir occasionally and reduce till it smears the spoon really . At this point remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Pour into a small container and save for repeated use.
to maek the pizza
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Brush the crust with a bit of the olive oil and set in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Once the crust is crisped up, crush the garlic and rub over the warm pizza base.
- Chop the tomatoes and basil and mix them with the rest of olive oil and the garlic chopped in finely.
- Add this on top of the crust and top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Top with parmesan, avocado bits, crushed pepper and a touch of sea salt.
- Your pizza is ready to serve.