Chocolate truffles are the most adored gifts during the Christmas season. Try out these rich and indulgent chocolate tiramisu truffles that are absolutely melted in the mouth.
Most of us love a good tiramisu. No doubt these are these tiramisu truffles the perfect gift for the ones who love a good tiramisu. In fact, it is easier than layering up the ingredients and setting them into a tiramisu. The taste is spot on with the flavours. The best part of it all is it is done in 20 minutes and perfect for that last-minute gifting or entertaining ideas.
About the ingredients
The tiramisu truffles are literally a one bite tiramisu. they are that soft sweet candy that is perfect to share, with a touch of expresso flavour that tastes phenomenal.
Mascarpone – the mild and soft Italian style cheese Mascarpone is deliciously creamy.
Ladyfinger cookies – Are Italian style sponge cookies. They are deliciously tasty and perfect to absorb the flavours of coffee and chocolate. To use in this recipe, I have chosen, Savoiardi cookies ( not affiliated, but live the taste). Give it a quick pulse in your food processor to make soft crumbs of it.
Expresso- you can never take expresso out of the tiramisu. Yet you don’t want a full brewed expresso as the mix will then be too soft to make a shape. The best option is instant expresso powder with a teaspoon of water to create a very thick syrup that you can add to the mascarpone.
Chocolate- the hard coat with chocolate always makes the truffle look and taste amazing. Never fear as you are not really tempering the chocolate but delicately melting to coat the truffles.
Cocoa powder-I love a dusting of unsweetened cocoa on top of the truffles. It creates the balance of taste to the sweet chocolate that follows. I have also used the cocoa powder along with the truffle mix to enhance the expresso flavour in the truffle. You can avoid this if you are not a huge fan of it.
Once you have gathered all your ingredients, you can easily make a batch to share and serve. Before we start with the recipe card, here are two good tips learnt after making these truffles a few times.
Tips to the perfect truffles
Once you start making truffles you realise how easy they are. Yet getting them to shape can take a bit of practice.
Chilling the truffles mix
Once the ingredients have been mixed up they are a bit sticky leaving them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes makes them so much easier to handle.
Keep your hands cold.
Here is a trick I learnt from a friend. Leave a dry kitchen towel in the freezer. Wrap your hand in this cold towel, before you start shaping the truffles. The cold hands and cold truffles mix make shaping them so much easier than ever before.
Chocolate Tiramisu Truffles
- mixing bowls and spoons.
- food processor
- Double boiler
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- 24 lady finger cookies to pulse into crumbs
To mix together
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp unrefined sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
For expresso syrup
- 2 tbsp espresso coffee
- 1 tsp warm water
For the chocolate coat
- 2 cups chocolate chips semisweet
For dusting on top
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Mix together the expresso powder and the warm water and set it aside.
- Pulse the lady finger cookies till they appear as crumbs in the food processor.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper and set it ready.
- Into a mixing bowl add masaarpone cheese, sugar, the espresso syrup and the cocoa powder and mix well till smooth.
- Add the cookie crumbs into this mix.
- Gently mix them together.
- Scrape down the sides and chill the mix for 10 minuts . ( see tips in the post)
- Into the double boiler add the chocolate chips and melt them to form a smooth chcocolate syrup.
- Onec the mix is chilled, scopp and roll small portions of this mix and keep it ready.
- Pierce a fork into each ball and dip it in the chocolate till it is fully covered.
- Remove and place on the baking tray.
- When the chocolate is hardened, roll in cocoa dust.
- The truffles are now ready.
Plan up for the last-minute gifting
Towards the end of the Christmas countdown, here are a few ideas that you can quickly put in a jar for easy gifting along with this chocolate truffles.
- Dark chocolate cluster
- Roasted almond cookies
- White chocolate medallions
- Almond flour brownies with pretzels
- Palmier Cookies
- Quinoa chocolate jar snacks
- Cocoa nibs and lime energy ball
As usual share your thoughts and experiences with this 20-minute tiramisu truffles recipe in the comments below. If you happen to make this chocolate truffles recipe, don’t forget to rate it.
Sign up for the free updates on new posts that come directly to your inbox. Don’t forget, you can always stay in touch with us with our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube account.
Stay safe and see you at the next post. Wish you a great holiday season with plenty of edible treats.