Chocolate is that satisfying melt in the mouth feel that we would love to reach for anything else we think if dessert. The sugar and the milk elements in chocolate really transport us to seventh heaven. Every bite of that treat is really a stress buster. This is what your brain us telling you for sure. In fact, chocolate us that one pleasurable ingredient you can overdo without a thought to it. Don’t look at me!! I am one in the overdid list too. I do find it is during holiday times that we do more chocolate. It is kind of the message that every advertisement sends or that feature wall in the supermarket that tempts your primal craving for sugar and pleasurable foods. So here us my few tried tips to stay out of this crazy craving.
- Avoid the supermarkets and get to the local market so there are fewer feature walls ( yeah Sure, like that is done easy!!)
- Get real dark chocolate and get a bag of nuts /seeds with it. The heavy protein content and the good fat content in the nuts and seeds cut down the amount of chocolate you eat. ( working on that idea totally. ) Real dark chocolate has more than 70 per cent of cocoa solids. They are meant to be good for your health.
- Get some cocoa butter for that real chocolate melt( that is the best of the tips.)
- Then get on with making yourself a portion sized chocolate treat that you can keep in the refrigerator to grab as you need.
Here is the recipe for my version of this. Now in this recipe If you love to have a smooth feel then add in the sunbutter – Click here for the sunbutter recipe
Strawberry gum in this recipe.
Strawberry gum powder is one which I accquired from @melbournebushfood recently. This edible northerntable land tree leaves have a unique flavour of strawberries and passionfruit put together. It is one of those flavours which your really cannot picture yourself having. It lingers in the tastebuds and stays on making you think over and again “what was that flavour?”
There are more of such hidden treasures already in my pantry and many more that I need to explore. I am quite new to these indigenous spices and flavours that I am trying out. As I explore more about these unique spices, I will keep you posted as well. One thing assured, they are surprsing me and at the same time creating such wonderful food memories. Enjoy the holiday season and be aware of the little tricks and tips to keep yourself on top of the pleasurable eats.
As for dark chocolate, here are some keeper recipe that will save your tastebuds.
Here are the images of what I did for this recipe
Scroll down for the complete recipe and measurements. Do give it a try and tag us when you do.
Stay safe, eat dark chocolates responsibly and indulge a little!!
Dark chocolate, strawberry gum and sunflower seed clusters .
for the dark chocolate
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup cocoa butter
- 1/4 cups maple syrup you can use 1/8 cup stevia as well in this recipe.
- 1/4 tsp strawberry gum powder
nuts and seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add grated cocoa butter and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and the strawberry gum powder.
- To this melted mix add the sunflower seeds, mix and set aside.
- Line a tray with parchment paper and spoon out portions of the chocolate mix on to it.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 20 minutes and the chocolate clusters are ready to indulge in