Being rated well in the blogging world is indeed a great deal. It is an evolving field, complex, complex, complex and a deep spiral… whichever way you look at it. One small lovely note, therefore, creates such a positive sense that none of us wants to miss. This recent one placing us 53rd on the Indian food bloggers list, therefore, was very cool.
That surely called for a celebration. Initially, I thought oh maybe bake a cake or get cheesecake or something. On second thoughts it is a ranking on the Indian board so I had to make something Indian inspired.
Oh bother!! we have a dental appointment. You know how they are for any foodie. Sitting waiting there, I was thinking, I have to have something sweet. ( I dare not let that dentist hear it, he might drill deeper) Having about an hour wait time helped me to conjure the dessert I wanted to have.
Carrot halwa shake
What stands between me and the carrot halwa today is the bite and time. So I had to make it quick and drinkable.
Carrot halwa is that traditional winter dessert loved by all. Now carrot halwa also makes some of the best fusion options. Though I have not put this recipe on the blog, I do have a special sweet tooth just for them. That cardamom and sweet cooked carrots are the key elements I want to carry forth. Of course, the creaminess of the milk will do the rest.
I have done this recipe with raw sugar for the kids and Stevia for us. Oh, I love this! now I can have this for breakfast and not look guilty at all.
Still, have carrots left?
There is nothing more I want to say than to thank my readers for the emails, wishes and generous loving reviews. It is you who makes it more successful. Thank you.
See you soon.
- 1 cup carrot grated
- 3.5 cups full cream milk / plant based milks ( freeze it if you like a thicker milkshake texture0
- 2-3 tsp unrefined sugar ( optional)
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Clean wash and grate the carrot.
- Steam the carrots for 5-7 minutes and remove from the steamer.
- Allow the carrots to cool down completely.
- Into the blender add the steamed carrots, chilled milk, nutmeg, cardamom powder.
- Blend that into a smooth milkshake.
- Pour into tall glasses and share with family and friends.