One of the most delicious effortless tropical treats is a cinnamon coated grilled slice of pineapple . It instantly transforms any dull day into a fun one. Equally tantalising is a juicy piece of pineapple with a spicy rub set on a semi char by the grill. The total goodness of the tropical fruit made even juicier. Except for cleaning up the pokey outer skin, I just love every bit if this fruit. I guess this is going to stay a while with us as our go-to option for difficult days or one where the mood swings act up.
I do find this extremely useful when the kids have a bit of a cough coming along. The cinnamon and the pineapple really sooth the throat for them and the spicy one for spice-loving husband.
Enjoy these effortless treats with your kids and offer the world outside as a cooling experience. So what are you waiting for… Fire up the grill, skewer the pineapple and come along…
I would totally serve this up for a brunch dessert paired with turmeric custard Take care not to mix them up ( turns the custard bitter) or try them with crumble top muffins.
Subscribe to us or follow us on instagram @ mildlyindian
Till I see you next week… have a great time.
Grilled pineapple - spicy and sweet
- 10 large Pineapple cut into longitudinal slices
- 1 tsp oil
- 10 long Skewers
for spicy rub
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp cayanne pepper powder
for sweet rub
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Set the grill to heat up.
- Skin and clean the pineapple and cut them into chunks or slices.
- Skewer the pineapple
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix salt cause and chaat masala in a separate bowl. Rub the desired flavour in pineapple
- Rub the desired dry run on the pineapple and set on the grill.
- Rub oil on the grill and set the prepared ones
- Allow it to grill till dark grill marks appear, turn it over and grill the other side
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!