How many of us are here who cannot wait to bid adieu to 2020 and see what 2021 unfolds? It always great hope that a new year brings isn’t it?
Just as we have changed the way with every festival we celebrate and every memorable day in our life planned differently, we are highly hopeful we have the best 2021 that levels the upheavals of 2020.
This year we have seen plenty of changes here are some thought-provoking ones and some to look at it from a lighter vein.
- I learnt the hard way to speak cat! Now if you see me around talking into air, it is probably to the cat or magpie.
- No more generous hugs, namastes are welcome.
- The older generation were the ones sneaking out of the house more often!! Younger folks were happy with the unlimited time on the computers.
- I have more admiration the teens who swapped over to the virtual mode in reality and the brave older ones who took the challenge…
- Never enjoyed more the trips to the grocery, for a long time, this was the adventure I looked forward to this year.
- Gearing up for this trip was like getting ready for laser tag or paint ball game.
- Finally, the allied health service received some appreciation they truly deserve.
- Ooo this one I thoroughly enjoyed. Walked into the bank with my mask and gloves to get some cash deposited… never ever thought that I will have to do.
- Netflix has no more suggestions for me, that it has started prompting me to practice patience
So you see, I will love to send this year away with a happy note as well as a strong one, to say don’t repeat.
The jackfruit biryani treat
Most Indian occasions and gatherings will see the huge biriyani pot taking the centre spot. This year surely deserves a biriyani farewell ever to come back again. So my treat to see this year off is biriyani for sure.
One of the best biryani that I have made ever is jackfruit biryani. The raw jackfruit is the best bland medium to carry the masala flavours. the jackfruit when cooked forms the soft meaty bits that come together with the perfect fluffy rice. Made with a South Indian touch, this jackfruit biryani is best paired with raita. ( click here for the recipe)
Share with us your 2020 hilarious moments and thought-provoking ones in the comments. Don’t miss to bid a proper farewell to this 2020. Enjoy this recipe, enjoy your family.
Wish you a fabulous new year 2021!