My house at this moment doesn’t particularly look inviting. We have home-schooling on, work from home on at the best WiFi spots, music stands out, home projects, jigsaws and more. Forget the laundry, the incessant cooking and the pile of vessels that never seem to end. It certainly is messy, chaotic, yet functional. It annoys me a lot!!
It was a recent conversation with a colleague that actually made me think that these may be the least of my concerns. We are all in a situation we have no clue how to handle. The new normals mean no parenting guides will work, no teen expectations are going to be real. I feel for all the young ones!! At an age when friends, fast food and movie would have ruled the world, they are stuck in their little bubbles. Sure interaction at home improves, but it is not what we have seen for any of our young ones. There is a lot of reality to deal with, a lot of rapid information and ever-changing guidelines to adhere to. Can you as a parent guide them through? Come one, we are grappling with the new information ourselves and learning new ideas to try to handle it!!
Life has certainly changed, yours, mine and theirs!!
Ever since last week, I have been thinking about these sudden changes in life. I don’t have answers. I guess it deserves a bit of sweetening it up this Monday. Pretty much, that’s all I can do right now for them. So, here are some of the best things put together as one grilled strawberry sandwich
Grilled starwberry sandwich
- 4 slices Whole meal bread
- 6 large strawberries
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips ( zapp in the microwave for 30 seconds)
- 1 tsp butter
- Slice the bananas and strawberries thin.
- on one slice of the bread, spread the peanut butter and layer the sliced bananas.
- On the second slice apply the melted chocolate and place the strawberries.
- Place these slices one on top of the other and cover with the third bread slice.
- Apply butter on the sides that touch the grill.
- Heat up the grill or a grill pan and place the sandwich on it.
- Press down a bit as you grill the sandwich and once the grill marks are formed.
- Flip over and grill the other side.
- Serve warm.
Earlier we did a collection of ideas for dessert tea sandwiches. This grilled strawberry sandwich recipe, however, really needed its own place. It is one that is going to take care of all the worries. It will take care of the hungry tummies with simple lemon sherbet. Make one for yourself, it is great to calm your nerves (certainly broke my chain of thought). For now, I am going to sink my teeth into this yumminess. You stay safe, stay protected.