Here are some facts about the cabbage that may make you look at it in a different light
- With about 33 calories per cup of shredded cabbage is a great deal of good fibre and nutrients with a low level of carbs. So ideally should be loved by diabetics and all low carb diet aspirers
- Vit k needed for proper blood clotting is best sourced from cabbage and other leafy vegetables
- Cabbage is useful in preventing osteoporosis as it has good amounts of potassium. Further, vitamin K helps in bone health as well.
- The antioxidants and anthocyanin (red and purple varieties) content of cabbage is very useful in cholesterol management
- The role of Sinigrin in cancer prevention is widely discussed in the research world and cabbage is one of the best sources.
To serve the cabbage steak
Here are a couple of lower carb options
Finally, I am revamping the post with a group of blogger buddies, #Foodies_RedoingOldPost1. it is really important for us to see our own posts in a new light. It is really pleasurable to see a group of food loving, conscious bloggers get together in this manner.
so enjoy this recipe and See you next week
Healthy Roasted Cabbage Steak
- 1 medium Cabbage red or green
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter if you prefer
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- to taste salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven up to 180 for ten minutes.
- Prepare a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Clean and slice one inch thick slices from the whole cabbage head.
- Place each slice on the baking tray.
- Drizzle the oil, sprinkle the herbs and set for baking.
- Bake at 180 for 15minutes.
- The steak can be served with a balsamic reduction, wine sauce or a simple yogurt mint sauce..(if you are not a vegan)
- Serve with a bean salad for a healthy week day dinner ...