When a cough peeks around your house waiting to pounce…what’s the best way to keep them off your family ..a black pepper milk tea.
The mild amount of pepper creates a warm feeling and the hot sweet tea soothes the throat.
This is age-old knowledge of simple home remedies put together in a form which is more palatable. The black pepper helps to loosen up the phlegm and thereby clear the otherwise blocked up air passages. the milk and the sweetness of the tea actually help to mask the harshness of the pepper. Hence this form is more palatable for older children and aged people.
Bye, bye to all the cough and itchy throat…
Check out some more healing teas
Pepper milk tea
- 1 cup drinking water
- 1 cup milk half n half, dairy
- 1 inch fresh ginger root crushed
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tsp black tea leaves
- sweetener brown sugar or powdered jaggery
- Keep one cup of water for boiling, add the pounded ginger and pepper powder to it. .
- Allow it to come to a boil and add the tea leaves,followed by the milk.
- When it comes together boiling take it off the heat. Strain and serve hot.