Capsicum is not just a beautiful pepper
Capsicum or bell pepper belongs to the chilli family. they come in much more colour than just red yellow and green so have fun with the colours. try to use them with minimal exposure to heat as heat can destroy some of the beneficial effects.
- The yellow capsicum heads the list for Vit C content followed by the red.
- Providing a significant level of potassium the yellow capsicum again helps in the effective blood pressure balance.
- Adding crunch to any recipe you add it to, capsicum packs in a good amount of antioxidants needed for radiant skin and a healthy body.
- Coming from the capsicum family, the capsaicin content helps in anti-inflammatory benefits
- Another addition from the chilli family is the Vit A content making the pepper friendly to optic health.
- For pregnant women, the folate content is really reliable so munch on some as you make the recipe
Tricolor capsicum dahi chutney
- 1 medium red bell pepper capsicum / koda molagai/ Shimla mirch
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper capsicum
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 2 cup low fat yogurt
- 1 pinch chaat masala
- 1 pinch red chilli powder (optional)
- 1 pinch roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1 pinch Rock salt adjust per taste
- Whisk yoghurt till smooth. Add the roasted cumin powder, chilli powder and chaat masala and mix well
- Dice the peppers into 1 cm cubes.
- Add that into the whisked yoghurt and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Add in the chopped coriander leaves and chill till serve.