Paneer or pressed cottage cheese for pesto paneer.
The onion diced
Zero oil broccoli pesto
Griled Pesto paneer tikki sandwich.
for the filling
- 4-6 cubes paneer / cottage cheese
- 4 pieces Onion
- 4 pieces capsicum
- 2 tbsp broccoli pesto
- 1 tbsp low fat yogurt
For grilling the paneer tikki
- 1 tbsp oil
For assembling the sandwich
- 1 tbsp broccoli pesto
- 2 slices Whole meal bread or Focaccia
- Into a mixing bowl. add the yogurt and pesto and mix well.
- Add the paneer cubes, the capsicum pieces and the onion pieces and coat them well with the yogurt pesto marinade.
- Cover the bowl and leave it in the refrierator to marinate atleast for 30 minutes ( overnight is perfect)
- Remove the marinated veggies and paneer.
- Heat up the Grill pan and brush it with oil
- Place the veggies and the paneer on the grill.
- Once the grill marks have formed on one side, turn over the veggies and paneer to the other side.
- Remove the grilled paneer and veggies when done and set aside.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread a tbsp of pesto on the slices of bread.
- Place the veggies and paneer layered upon one slice of bread and cover with the other.
- Enjoy the stacked sandwich for lunch.
Sky is the limit with sandwiches
Sandwiches are such an easy option to set up for a school lunch or work site lunch. They are the least messy and need no cutlery. While making sandwiches, Keep in mind they need to be filling and nutritious, otherwise, What is the point!! We have a few good sandwiches that we often repeat to take to work. Try out the flavours from ours too.
Mediterranean kale sandwich – The steamed soft kale with Mediterranean flavours is one of the most visited posts in this blog. Take a look.
Grilled fruit sandwich – Sink in your teeth into one of these for your lunch break and forget how nasty the first half of the day was!! Puts a smile on your face for the next half of the day so you can get through a difficult one.
Apple and sunbutter sandwiches – Apples are better than caffeine, so use these sandwiches to perk up your day nutritiously.
Paneer chaat sandwich – This is the tongue-tickling sandwich, totally approved but multiple bunches of teens with requests for it every day!!
Stuffed Curry buns – This one is perfect with leftovers that you want to see through the day.
Stay on with us by subscribing to our site. Please leave your thoughts and comments in the discussion below. If you have tried out this paneer tikki sandwich recipe, do let us know the adaptations you made. Check out the work sandwich lunch collection that we constantly keep working on as we try out new combinations that keep us going. We would love to hear from you, your favourite lunch sandwiches that don’t end up in the school bin. Leave us your thoughts in the comments below. Keep visiting us and #mildlyindian as you love some and make the.
Stay in touch, see you at the next post.
Great flavors! everyone in the family loved these sandwiches!
Thankyou for trying it out, Joan. I am glad we have a family pleaser now.
Delicious sandwich! I love all things pesto!
This one is for you then!! try ou the recipe for zero oil broccoli pesto from the post above, you may love it.
This sandwich looks incredible! This is definitely a great way to use Pesto!
I am glad you feel so.
I love the sound of this combination…pesto and paneer…two of my favorite ingredients!
That is wonderful. The combination of zero oil broccoli pesto and the soft paneer is a brilliant one
I am always looking for more sandwich ideas and this looks amazing. A great way to use pesto.
I am so glad we have a few ideas here on the blog for you.