Pomelo/ chakkotha/ bablimos is a happy fruit in my house…every one beams as they see it..coz though it’s like a grape fruit…this is far sweeter. As I was peeling the fruit I remember the yummy taste of it…with chaat masala…yet it was dinner time….so a quick wishiy washy..with my kitchen magic wand..turned it into something lovely accompaniment for the Aloo palak rice I was making.
Try these Pomelo recipes too
Bablimos chaat- a pomelo street food
So here is the recipe for you…
A quick accompaniment to a mixed rice main dish
- 1 cup pomelo pearls peeled and cleaned
- 1 cup fresh yogurt whisked
- 1/4 cup tomatoes chopped fine
- 1 nos green chilli slit or chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp dill leaves finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds toasted
- Cut an peel through the thick skin of the Pomelo and extract the segments. Cut open the segments, discard the peel and the seeds and segregate the pearls.
- Whisk the fresh yogurt till smooth so that it doesn't run
- In a mixing bowl toss in all the ingredients except the sesame seeds.
- Mix well. Adjust salt if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Ready to serve...
- Keep chilled if you are going to serve later.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!